Baby Boomers are approaching the later years of life in a radically different way than previous generations. Discover why this generation is essential to the ministry of your church and community and learn how to engage and unleash them to make a significant impact.
Author, speaker and consultant Amy Hanson leads this workshop, comprised of four sessions.
- Ministry with Boomers and Beyond – Based on interviews with some of the country’s most innovative older adult ministry leaders, you’ll discover why ministry with this generation can no longer be ignored. You will also explore the five building blocks for effectively ministering with those in the second-half of life.
- Service: The Linchpin of a Successful Ministry – Congregations, the community and the world desperately need what boomers and beyond have to offer. In this session, Hanson will unpack how to engage older adults in meaningful service so that they can make a lasting impact with their lives
- The New Old: Trends of Effective Boomer Ministries – Effective ministry with the new old will look and feel different than our traditional senior adult ministries. In this practical session, you will learn what is working and what is not working in ministry and how to respond to the needs and desires of today’s older adults.
- Breaking Down the Age Barriers: Practical Ways for Becoming an Intergenerational Congregation – Drawing upon research with leading churches across the country, Hanson will look at the obstacles that keep the generations from connecting with one another. She will identify proven methods for leading your congregation to create intergenerational relationships that truly make a difference.
- Learn to effectively minister to and with older adults
- Gain a deep understanding of the boomer generation and beyond
- Receive practical tools to apply back home in designing programs for and with older adults
- Identify proven methods for building intergenerational ministries
Dr. Amy Hanson is a speaker, writer, and consultant with a passion to help older adults discover a life of Christ-centered meaning and purpose. She speaks throughout the United States to pastors, health care professionals and older adults on the unique needs and opportunities of a graying America. Hanson has a Bachelor’s degree in Bible and Family Ministry from Manhattan Christian College, a Master’s degree in Gerontology from Abilene Christian University, and a Ph.D. in Human Sciences from the University of Nebraska.
The workshop is 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Eastern time) Tuesday, October 13, 2015 in Brownstown and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Central time) Wednesday, October 14, 2015 in Evansville. The cost is $30 per person (or $25 per person for congregational teams of three or more registered together). The fee includes lunch and a copy of Hanson’s book Baby Boomers and Beyond. This workshop was presented earlier in 2015 in Chesterton (in Porter County) and in Indianapolis.
This workshop is limited to Indiana congregations.