This grant initiative is closed.
Congregations in Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby counties are invited to check out this new grant and education opportunity of the Center for Congregations. The Community Ministry Grant (CMG) seeks to help central Indiana congregations implement new community ministry initiatives.
What is the program?
Participating congregations will create a new community ministry where community assets, gifts and needs intersect with congregational assets and gifts. The program includes attention to congregational self-assessment, community listening and the design and launch of a new community ministry.
CMG includes a matching grant opportunity, as well as a thorough educational component. Thirty congregations will be selected to participate in CMG. This grant program is made possible by support from the Lilly Endowment Inc. Click here to see a timeline of classes, deadlines and more.
Who may apply?
Congregations in Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby counties are eligible to apply.
What is involved?
Each congregation selected for admission into this program will:
- attend a half-day program overview to prepare for participation.
- participate in three CMG classes designed to help them learn new skills and strategies with regard to assessing their internal assets and passions, conducting a community listening process, and developing a comprehensive community ministry plan.
- work with coaches provided by the CMG as they move through all stages of the work prior to submission of the grant application.
- work with Center staff, who will help participants think about which resources would be most helpful, and generally guide the congregational team through the CMG process;
- plan a new sustainable community ministry where community assets, gifts, and needs intersect with congregational assets and gifts.
- have the opportunity to submit a proposal for a matching grant for design and implementation of a new community ministry. The matching grant amount is for up to $30,000 to help pay for the use of outside resources and other grant eligible expenses involved in the design and implementation of the congregation’s CMG project.
How can I learn more?
The below Information Sessions are over, but you can find out more by watching these CMG informational videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Take a look at frequently asked questions about CMG.
When and how do I apply?
Program applications are due April 27, 2016. Guidelines and applications are now available. Click here to download the application and guidelines.
If you have questions, please contact Nancy DeMott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-237-7799.